Table of contents
It is important that you have accumulated a minimum of 180 credit points in your first degree programme. Ideally, your degree (Bachelor or equivalent) should be in a relevant business administration or engineering subject. However, applications from other subjects will also be considered. At least one year of professional experience after acquiring your Bachelor’s degree is also expected. A good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential:
- TOEFL: At least 94 (online test)
- IELTS: At least 7.0 (overall band)
- Previous degree and/or at least two years of work experience in a country where English is the first language (for example: Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, the UK or the US) (Proof of English as language of instruction from countries where English is not the first language will not be accepted)
Other proof of language proficiency may also be accepted – please contact us by e-mail.
Applicants with nearly adequate competency (TOEFL 90 / IELTS 6.5) with strong academic and/or professional background will be evaluated in case there is available capacity.
When allocating study places, the following selection criteria are taken into account:
- Academic background and previous studies
- Nature and scope of work experience (Global Leadership in Engineering: leadership and international experience)
- Personal motivation to study as indicated by your application documents and, if necessary, a telephone interview
Application deadline for the winter semester
The official application period runs from November 1st to February 28th, 2022. However, later applications are welcome and will be considered as long as program seats are available.
Other application documents
Please attach all appendices to the online application form; avoid attaching other documents. You will need the following files for the application:
- A copy of your degree certificate (passing certificates will not be accepted) together with a grade transcript and, if necessary, a translation in either English or German if the original is issued in another language
- Grading system of your university
- Proof of your English proficiency
- A letter of reference or another proof for each period of work experience listed
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages): How would the MBA&E take you forward with your career plans?
- Alternatively to the letter of motivation, you may submit a motivation video of max. 2 minutes. Please send either an MP4 file or an online link with your application form.
- Your CV in pdf format
- A scan of your passport biography page (or identity card for EU applicants)
Applicants from China, Vietnam and Mongolia: Please attach the certificate from the academic test centre (APS; akademische Prüfstelle) as a separate file. Further information can be found on the website of the Germany embassy or the DAAD in your country.
Please notice that applications are to be sent directly to the programme by email and not via Uni-Assist.
MBA&E Diversity Enhancement Grant
In the 2022 intake (new students), it is possible to apply for the MBA&E Diversity Enhancement Grant. The purpose of this grant is to encourage applications from underrepresented nationalities and female applicants in order to improve diversity among the MBA&E student body. The grant prefers applicants with outstanding extracurricular achievements, voluntary activities and prior interest and connections with Germany. The grant entails a reduction of the tuition fee of up to 50%.
You may send your application for the MBA&E Diversity Enhancement Grant from November 1st until February 28th, 2022 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The required application documents and other information are available at:
Please submit the letter of motivation and the proof of voluntary activities and interest in Germany as a single PDF file. The completed Powerpoint questionnaire document can simply be saved and attached to the email. (Note: If the questionnaire file opens unreadable in the browser window, please right-click and download.)