Table of contents
It is important that you have accumulated a minimum of 180 credit points in your first degree programme. Ideally, your degree (Bachelor or equivalent) should be in a relevant business administration or engineering subject. However, applications from other subjects will also be considered. At least one year of professional experience after acquiring your Bachelor’s degree is also expected. A good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential:
- TOEFL: At least 94 (online test)
- IELTS: At least 7.0 (overall band)
- Previous degree and/or at least two years of work experience in a country where English is the first language (for example: Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, the UK or the US)
Other proof of language proficiency may also be accepted – please contact us by e-mail.
Applicants with nearly adequate competency (TOEFL 90 / IELTS 6.5) with strong academic and/or professional background will be evaluated in case there is available capacity.
When allocating study places, the following selection criteria are taken into account:
- Academic background and previous studies
- Nature and scope of work experience (Global Leadership in Engineering: leadership and international experience)
- Personal motivation to study as indicated by your application documents and, if necessary, a telephone interview
Application deadline for the winter semester
HTW Berlin only enrols students on this study programme in the winter semester. The last date for submitting your application is 15 June. Later applications will only be considered if there are still study places available.
Note that early admissions are available to well-qualified candidates throughout the application period. Results and admissions are given ca. one month from application. Therefore, it is in your interest to apply early. Please contact us for further information.
In the case of compatibility problems, please use the old version of the application form. If you still cannot open the application form, please contact our office.
Other application documents
Please attach all appendices to the application form; avoid attaching other documents to the email. You will need the following files for the application
- A profile photo
- A copy of your degree certificate together with a grade transcript and, if necessary, a translation in either English or German if the original is issued in another language
- Proof of your English proficiency
- A letter of reference or another proof for each period of work experience listed
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages): How would the MBA&E take you forward with your career plans?
- Alternatively to the letter of motivation, you may submit a motivation video of max. 2 minutes. Please send either an MP4 file or an online link with your application form.
- Your CV in your preferred format
- A scan of your passport biography page (or identity card for EU applicants)
Applicants from China, Vietnam and Mongolia: Please attach the certificate from the academic test centre (APS; akademische Prüfstelle) as a separate file. Further information can be found on the website of the Germany embassy or the DAAD in your country.
Please notice that applications are to be sent directly to the programme by email and not via Uni-Assist.
Instructions for completing the application form
Please follow the following guidelines for completing the MBA&E application:
- Write your name and other personal data exactly as given on your passport.
- Please use capitals as the first letter of sentences and proper nouns.
- Do not write in ALL CAPS
- Check all entries for completeness, proper grammar and correct orthography
- Make sure that all dates are correct and properly formatted, for example "15.06.2017" for the 15th of June, 2017.
The data is read automatically from the form. Thus, any mistakes are automatically entered into the applicant system and will appear on the admission letter and contract.
Please carefully choose your preferred specialisation option. It is likely that all groups will be full and it is not possible to change the option later. You may also apply for one specialisation option only.
Sending the application
Please send the application form including appendices to email@example.com only; do not CC other addresses at the HTW.
Please name the file as "Lastname Firstname.PDF". Please give any additional information that our admission team may need in the email body text.
MBA&E Diversity Enhancement Grant
In the 2020 intake, it is possible to apply for the MBA&E Diversity Enhancement Grant. The purpose of this grant is to encourage applications from underrepresented nationalities and female applicants in order to improve diversity among the MBA&E student body. The grant prefers applicants with outstanding extracurricular achievements, voluntary activities and prior interest and connections with Germany. The grant entails a reduction of the tuition fee of up to 50%.
You may send your application for the MBA&E Diversity Enhancement Grant until 30 June by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The required application documents and other information are available at:
Please submit the letter of motivation and the proof of voluntary activities and interest in Germany as a single PDF file. The completed Powerpoint questionnaire document can simply be saved and attached to the email. (Note: If the questionnaire file opens unreadable in the browser window, please right-click and download.)